Ainol NOVO 7 Flame Firmware Sept. 27, 2012 version
Most of Ainol NOVO 7 Flame tablets that sold by uPlay Tablet already have this latest version of firmware installed. Please DO NOT upgrade firmware unless you have problems with your Flame. This version of firmware was released by Ainol on Sept. 27, 2012.
Ainol has made the upgrading firmware on Flame tablet really simple. Even a person without any computer skill can do it. You don’t need any driver to install on your PC. You just need to have a micr-SD card (TF card). Copy the firmware files onto the TF card. Insert it into the tablet while the tablet is turned off. Press and hold the “Power” button and “volume -” button together to enter the firmware upgrade mode. Then just follow the instruction on the screen to install the firmware.
Software type: Firmware
Release date : Sept 27, 2012
Firmware size: 159 MB
Firmware version: 20120927
Works for: All Ainol Novo 7 Flame
Things to pay attention before upgrading NOVO 7 Flame firmware:
- Backup your data and apps
- Make sure the battery has at least 40% power left
- Prepare a TF card (micro SD card). Minimum 256MB
- Format the TF card to FAT32 (Most TF cards are already in FAT 32 format)
- Download the Ainol NOVO 7 Flame 20120927 firmware from http://ainolnovo7flamefirmware20120927.4shared.com/. It’s a tar file. Unzip it using to your computer.
- Copy-paste the firmware files uncompressed to the TF card (micro SD card)
Mapping of keys: “Power” button – as okay, enter, or return. “Volume -” as Scroll Down, “Volume +” as Scroll Up.
- Insert the TF card into the TF card slot on Ainol Tablet;
- Press and hold Power button and Volume – together until you see the little green android robot on the screen to enter Upgrade Mode;
- Follow the instruction on the screen to flash the firmware. You see the following selections: reboot system now, apply update from SD card, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, apply update from cache, wipe media partition, reboot into factory test. Basically you need to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe media partition, then apply update from SD card. It’s very simple and straight forward. The following is the step-by-step instruction:
- Scroll down and select “wipe data/factory reset”, scroll down to select “Yes – delete all user data”. On the next screen “Confirm to wipe of all user data”, scroll down to select “Yes”.
- Scroll down and select “wipe cache partition”.
- Scroll down and selection “wipe media partition”. On the next screen, scroll down to select “Yes – delete all media data”.
- Scroll up and select “apply update from SD card”. On the next screen, scroll down to select “flame-patch.zip”.
- Select “reboot your system now” to reboot your tablet.