Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora II, ELF II, Mars, and Tornados Firmware Upgrade Instruction
- Scroll up: volume + button
- Scroll down: volume – button
- Select: Power button on Aurora II and ELF II , or Esc button on Mars and Tornados
- Make sure your tablet has at least 40% battery power left.
- You need to prepare one 1G or 2G micro-SD card, since the firmware has to be saved into micr0-SD card to run upgrade.
- Once you download the firmware tar file, unzip it, and copy the uncompressed file onto the micro-SD card.
Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora II and ELFI Firmware upgrade can be downloaded from our member-only NOVO 7 Aurora II and ELF II firmware download page. Ainol NOVO 7 Mars and Tornados Firmware upgrade can be downloaded from our member-only NOVO 7 Mars and Tornados firmware download page. If you are not member yet, register one on that page – it’s free.
- Power off the tablet
- Insert the micro-SD card with the uncompressed firmware files from the tar file
- Press and hold “Power” and “Volume -” button to enter the firmware upgrade mode
- Now you will see a few options in the menu. It is highly recommended you wipe out all data (see the following steps) before applying the firmware and patch.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset”, scroll down to select “Yes” to wipe out data.
- Select “Wipe cache partition”, scroll down to select “Yes” to wipe out cache partition.
- Select “Wipe media partition”, scroll down to select “Yes” to wipe out media data
- Select “Upgrade from SD card”, scroll down to the zip file with the models’ name, then select it to flash.
- Select “Upgrade from SD card”, scroll down to the patch zip file, then select it to flash.
- Select “Reboot system now” to reboot your device.
Your device may set back to Chinese language after firmware upgrade. If so, you need go to “Settings” ->”Language” to set it back to your own language.