AllWinner Quad-Core A31s vs A31
AllWinner announced A31s at Mobile World Congress 2013. In our latest OEM and customized white label tablet offering, we have just released two models using AllWinner A31s - 9.7″ Q97s and 10.1″ inch Q10s. They are basically the cost-down version of Q97 and Q 10, which are using A31.
- CPU – ARM Cortex-A7 Quad-Core with 256KB L1-Cache/1MB L2-Cache
- GPU – POWERVR SGX 544MP2 with 8 logic cores. OpenGL ES2.0, Open CL1.x and DX 9_3 compliant.
- 32-bit Dual-Channel LPDDR2/DDR3/DDR3L Controller,
- 8-bit NAND FLASH Controller with 64-bit ECC
- UHD H.264 2160p video decoding
- Multi-format HD video decoding including MPEG1/2, MPEG4 SP?ASP GMC, H.263, H.264, etc.
- BD Directory, BD ISO and BD m2ts video decoding
- H.264 High Profile 1080P@30fps encoding
- 3840×1080@30fps 3D decoding, BD/SBS/TAB/FP supported
- 3840×1080@30fps 3D encoding
- Complies with RTSP, HTTP, HLS, RTMP, MMS streaming media protocol
- Integrated LVDS/RGB/CPU LCD 1280X800
- Integrated HDMI 1.4 1920×1080@60fps
- Supports 0.3M/1.3M/2M/5M CMOS Sensor
- Supports 8/10/12-bit YUV/Bayer sensor
- Integrated ISP
- PMIC – PMIC AXP221s designed for A31s. 21-CH power output and 2.2A Flash charging. Complies with USB 3.0 power supply standard
Compared to AllWinner A31, A31s supports 2160p video decoding, which is pretty good already (A31 supports 4kx2k), 1280×800 resolution for screens (A31 supports retina display ), and 1080p HDMI output. A31 camera sensor can support between 5 to 8 MP, but A31 can support lower resolution (0.3M) for front camera, to a maximum of 5MP. The PMIC is called AXP221s vs AXP221 for A31. The rest of the specifications are the same. A31s supports both Android 4 .1/4.2 and “Windows 8″.