How to upgrade Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora and ELF firmware (ROM)
1. Required files:
- Novo7 firmware image: Aurora 4.0.3 Chinese version (Factory update) firmware, Aurora Android 4.0.3 English version (uPlay Tablet) firmware, ELF stock firmware (Chinese) firmware
- Upgrade tool (Livesuit.exe)
- Windows USB drivers
3. Backup your data, device will be formatted during upgrade
4. The driver and upgrade software work for both Windows XP and Windows 7.
1. Unzip the upgrade tool and USB drive to your hard drive (recommend to put it in C:\ ).
Double-click the LiveSuitPack_v1.07.exe file, it will automatically install the driver files. Click “OK” to complete the driver installation.
2. Open Livesuit.exe
Double-click to open the upgrade tool LiveSuit.exe
3. Select the firmware
Click “No” to not choose the user upgrade wizard, and click the “Select Firmware” button (the first button from the left) to select the firmware .img file.
4. Turn off your tablet
Make sure Novo7 is powered off (Turn it on, press the power button for more than 8 seconds to force power off)
5. Press the key combination to start it in the upgrade mode
a. Press and hold down the “Vol +” button on Aurora or “Home” button on ELF
b. Connect the USB cable to tablet and computer
c. After connecting the USB cable, press the power button 6 times quickly (you should get a popup window if done correctly, if not repeat step 5 from beginning)
d. DON’T release the “Vol+” button till the LiveSuit window pops up
e. You can now release the “Vol+” button
(Note: If you install the driver at this time the pop-up dialog box, the path to point to installation directory UsbDriver Livesuit folder, click Next to complete the driver installation prompts).
You should see Livesuit window pops up; otherwise, you didn’t do it correctly, you have to repeat step 4 and 5.
6. Select the format to force upgrade
Livesuit prompt “force format”, click “Yes” (Y). All of the original apps installed will be removed.
We highly recommend mandatory format! ! ! Otherwise the update is not complete and may brick! ! !
7. Upgrade begins
Pop-up “OK to force format” dialog box, select “Yes”, the upgrade begins:
8. The upgrade is complete
Firmware download process lasted about three and a half minutes or so, please wait until the prompt “upgrade successful.”
9. Automatic restart
After the upgrade is complete, your tablet will automatically restart, then you can unplug the USB cable.
Slow start-up time machine for the first time, please be patient.
If the machine does not restart automatically, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds or more to ensure the power switch off, then press the Power button 3 seconds or more to turn on your tablet.
10. Congratulations! You have flashed the firmware.
The first time when it starts up, it will go through a wizard to set up your WiFi, Gmail, time zone, privacy settings, etc..