Ainol has released Android 4.0.3 firmware upgrade for NOVO 7 Aurora and ELF with full Google Android Market Access
Ainol has released official Android ICS 4.0.3 firmware for Novo 7 ELF and Aurora . Here is the original download link in Chinese. As Ainol’s oversea distributor , uPlay Tablet will provide English link and English firmware soon.
Major enhancements in this release:
- Added Google Android Market and GMail
- HTML 5 video player support
- Fully support FLASH. Pre-installed the new flash player v11.1
- Better power management
- Longer standby time
- Updated the driver of Mali400 GPU, improved the 2D and 3D graphics acceleration performance
- Support hardware acceleration of Android 4 .0.3 user interface. It’s much faster and smoother when sliding or switching between different windows than previous version.
- Added Google’s own browser’s rendering and hardware acceleration. It is very fast and smooth to drag, zoom-in, and zoom out once the webpage is fully loaded.
- Optimized the firmware , improved the GPU and memory performance.
- Adapted the new version of html5/m3u8 Internet streaming video engine for faster and smoother video playing (especially for the Chinese Internet video site Tudou).
- Support TS streaming HTTP broadcasting.
- Fully support FLASH. Pre-installed the latest FLASH player v11.1
- Upgraded the camera program to v4.0.3. It now supports zoom-in, zoom-out, full screen mode, 720p video capturing, optimized the picture and video performance.
- Fixed the bug that an error message is popped up in some Ethernet settings and cannot download apps from AppChina.
- Fixed the bug that the USB hard drive and Micro SD card cannot be recognized once it’s plugged in and off for a few times (both only happen for EXFAT format)
- Upgrade the video player. Added a feature that the status bar will be hidden during video playing.
- Fixed the bug that when the “OK” button is clicked right after turning the caption on in video, the progress bar cannot be hidden, and the the return key is not working.
- Fixed the bug that when resuming video playing after standby for mulch-channel audio and multi-caption, it always goes back to default audio and caption.
- Fixed the bug that File Explorer cannot write micro-SD card.
- Added Google Android Market and GMail. Adjusted the pre-installed apps.
- Improved the power consumption for low CPU usage apps.
- Support more external 3G dongles
- Significantly reduced the power assumption during standby. Much longer standby time.
There are two ELF firmwares – one can do screen capture, the other one cannot. The download page is in Chinese. There are 4 color buttons in the middle of the download page – from left to right, green, blue, red, and grey. Click the first one from the right – grey color button to start download.
The Chinese download site is very slow – expect to take 5~7 hour to download one firmware, and it may fail in the middle. uPlay Tablet also provides those firmware download in our DropBox account for our registered users (free registration). Register to become our member to access those member-only links